NEW Earth Rod Seal - High Performance, Low Maintenance
- Published: Thursday, 23 May 2013 09:53
Furse market-leading earth rod seals have offered the most effective solution to prevent the upward seepage of water through the buildings damp proof membrane for years. Now, we introduce a new earth rod seal which delivers all the benefits of previous designs whilst offering the simplest, most cost effective installation to date.
“The new Furse earth rod seal utilizes our removable compression seal technology, and is specifically designed to ensure a watertight seal between Furse earth rods and commonly used damp proof membranes, without the need for adhesive, sealant or mastic.” Gary Baker, Product Group Director - LV Connection & Control
Furse lightweight inspection pits fit easily on to the seal assembly making connections to earthing conductors readily accessible, and through selection of a suitable length of seal tube, an effective seal through both shallow and deep concrete slabs can be achieved.
Complete assembly of a Furse earth rod seal around an earth rod is easily achieved using a number of core components, including an earth rod seal assembly and accessory spanners, earth rod seal pack, protective seal tube and lightweight inspection pit.
Key features include:
• Manufactured using a lightweight polymer for simple cost effective installation
• Corrosion resistant, preventing unnecessary maintenance costs
• Achieves a secure, watertight seal to most commonly used damp proof membranes without the use of adhesive, sealant or mastic
• Earth rod seal pack pressure tested to 80 psi or 5.5 Bar (equivalent to a 55 m head of water)
• Internal compression seals available to fit all Furse earth rod sizes and types
• Earth seal design permits removal of the earth rod seal pack if required without the risk of damage
• Designed for use with Furse high performance lightweight earth inspection pit, which eliminates the need for time consuming shuttering around the top of the earth rod
• Minimal on site assembly is required, and clear, easy to follow instructions are provided
• Conforms to IEC/BS EN 62305-3 and tested to IEC/BS EN 62561-5: Requirements for earth electrode inspection housings and earth electrode seals