Legrand’s Consumer Unit Makeover
- Published: Friday, 19 April 2013 10:55
The new Legrand consumer units, which are available in either flush or semi-flush mounting variations, are now white and have opaque hinged doors. These changes have been made in order that the new products sit more comfortably within the design schemes of modern living spaces.
Caroline Boden, marketing manager for Legrand, said: “Style is very much the watchword when it comes to residential interiors and while consumer units are never going to be the most stylish of products we felt it was important to improve the aesthetic appeal of our range in order to provide homeowners with a more discreet option.”
“The move from magnolia to white reflects current design tastes, while the use of an opaque door ensures the protection devices and circuit labelling within the consumer unit are concealed while its door is closed.”
All of Legrand’s consumer units combine elegant appearance with ease of installation and incorporate a range of user-friendly features for the installer, including:
• Full-length busbar supplied retained within the unit for on-site configuration of the split of ways
• A removable pan assembly unit
• Multiple cut-outs on the back, bottom, top and sides of the unit
• Removable earth and neutral terminal holders that simply clip into place
• Terminals are supplied with screws in a backed-off position
The positioning of the rail allows for maximum cabling space, while model variants are available across the range, which meet both semi-flush and surface mounting requirements.
Furthermore, the flexibility of the range is aided by custom-build units, which give the installer the ability to tailor their solution to the exact requirements of a specific project.