Honeywell Launches Hosted Video Solution
- Published: Friday, 21 December 2012 09:16
MAXPRO Cloud Provides New RMR Opportunities for Installers by Offering End Users Access to Video Anytime, Anywhere
Honeywell has introduced MAXPRO® Cloud, a hosted service that gives organisations access to their video surveillance anywhere there is an Internet connection, and without the need for IT expertise or challenging firewall configurations. MAXPRO Cloud offers a new method for installers to drive long-term business value by offering these video services to their customers and generating recurring monthly revenue (RMR) with minimal investment and system complexity.
MAXPRO Cloud is ideal for retail outlets, multi-location franchises, restaurants, small businesses and commercial offices, as well as warehouses and storage facilities. The technology is designed to simplify the process for organisations to transition from analogue to digital video. For example:
• MAXPRO Cloud allows users to connect legacy analogue cameras to the cloud and add new, higher-quality IP cameras as needs change
• The system’s unique MAXPRO® Connect feature reduces the need for IT skills and the hassle of communicating through firewalls
• A single login allows organisations to more easily manage multiple locations at once to save time and resources
• The system is updated automatically when new features or security enhancements are available, which also reduces service costs for installers
The system can notify end users via email if an alarm or event occurs from true motion detection; from an input point such as glassbreak, motion sensor, or contacts; or during arming or disarming. The end user can then log into any web-connected device and view the video alarm. MAXPRO Cloud can also proactively monitor the performance of a system to ensure uptime, allowing an installer to react quickly if they receive notification that a camera has lost power or the local device has stopped recording video.
“Almost everything a consumer uses today can be accessed via a laptop, smartphone or tablet, so it’s practically a necessity for installers to be able to provide customers access to their video anytime, anywhere,” said Redo Bezzo, product manager, Honeywell Security Group. “MAXPRO Cloud gives organisations peace of mind knowing they’ll always have access to their video when they need it most.”
For more information, please visit www.honeywell.com/security/uk