Ex-Or Makes Light Work with LightSpot HD
- Published: Friday, 17 October 2014 08:46
Ex-Or’s new range of PIR sensors, LightSpot HD has launched, using innovative new features to make light work for energy efficiency, comfort, productivity and ease of use all backed by Ex-Or quality and a five year warranty.
“Energy costs are rising rapidly and the inclusion of lighting controls in any building translates into significant savings on energy bills. Our high performance lighting controls deliver reductions of up to 70 per cent in energy use”, said Jason Ng, marketing communications specialist at Ex-Or. “We understand the changing requirements for lighting controls across a broad range of applications and this knowledge enables us to deliver optimum energy savings without compromising quality, comfort and performance.”
LightSpot HD sensors provide class leading sensitivity with macro and micro detection, ensuring that lights deliver optimal luminance when required and switch off when they are not being used, making light work of comfort and productivity. Users can also set the light level by Lux value, optimising natural daylight without compromising comfort.
The LightSpot HD sensors, enhanced with both spring clip and locking ring fixing options, are fitted with pluggable, colour coded connectors, making the installation process easy and eliminating errors. The sensors provide flexibility and ease of use through the inclusion of QuickLink, a unique intelligent solution that lets installers create a simple small network of up to four sensors. Additionally, the sensor includes tilting lenses and precision lens masks which allow the sensing zone to be created exactly where it is required and adapted accordingly.
LightSpot HD is making light work in:
• Offices: LightSpot HD sensors provide comfort and safety for a productive working environment and drive significant energy efficiencies. All sensors feature built in photocells which regulate to user defined lux levels to ensure a constant light level is maintained throughout the workday.
• Education: Multiple sensing technologies connected by QuickLink offer a simple and cost effective lighting control solution for the classroom. Users can set the light level of the room by Lux value, optimising daylight harvesting without compromising comfort.
• Warehouses: Lighting large warehouses often result in high energy costs. Ex-Or’s LightSpot HD range includes sensors that are optimised for peak performance in these spaces. Using high definition optics, precise lens masking, and user defined daylight linking, they save energy by ensuring lights are never left burning needlessly in vacant areas or where there’s already enough natural light, with mounting heights from 2.5m to 16m in flush or surface mounts
• Healthcare: Hospital power supplies are either essential (uninterruptible) and non-essential (may fail in a power outage).Using QuickLink, hospitals can create a system that controls both essential and non-essential lighting and still enjoy the energy savings benefits of LightSpot HD.