Intertek Job Opportunity - Switchgear Design Evaluation Engineer
- Published: Tuesday, 29 April 2014 08:44
The opportunity has arisen for a Switchgear Design Evaluation Engineer to join this global organisation which respects diverse perspectives, experiences and traditions as essential and values each employee’s contribution toward achieving our business objectives.
This position will:
• Deliver certification projects and schemes in accordance to Guide 65 (45011) ISO/IEC 17065 pending for low voltage power switchgear and control gear assemblies.
• Produce computer software modelling of international original and assembly manufacturers (design prototype stage) by modular evaluation process.
• Manage and deliver client end to end projects in a timely manner from design concept through to evaluation by extrapolation of results through to Type Certification.
• Advise clients of early departures for future compliance to IEC / EN61349 series of standards at design / prototype stage.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• Broad industry experience and a good understanding of design switchgear and control gear assemblies, panel design, busbars and distribution board meeting IEC/EN 61439 series of standards.
• Understanding of testing and certification schemes for low voltage switchgear.
Interested? Find out more here