New Electrical Testers Let Electricians Troubleshoot Electrical Systems Safer, Faster, And More Efficiently
- Published: Friday, 06 October 2017 09:41
Fluke T6 Electrical Testers with FieldSense Technology allow electricians to measure — not just detect — voltage and current without test leads
Troubleshooting electrical systems can be time-consuming and potentially dangerous because it requires access to metallic contact points. The new Fluke® T6 Electrical Testers with FieldSense Technology make troubleshooting safer and more efficient by allowing electricians to take simultaneous voltage and current measurements, not just detection, without test leads. For more information on the Fluke T6 Non-Contact Voltage Testers, visit: www.fluke.co.uk/t6
The Fluke T6 testers now make it possible to take reliable true-rms measurements in crowded junction boxes or along conductors with inaccessible end points, saving time, minimising potential errors, and greatly reducing the possibility of arc flash.
With the Fluke T6-600 and T6-1000 testers, electricians can:
• Be safer: Measure voltage up to 1000V (T6-1000), or 600V (T6-600), through the open fork without test leads or exposed conductors.
• Be faster: With no need to open panels or remove wire nuts, electricians can speed through troubleshooting.
• Be more efficient: Simultaneously measure and display voltage and current on the T6-1000 – toggle between readings with the T6-600. The T6-1000 measures resistance up to 100.0 kOhm, (the T6-600 to 1kOhm), and the T6-1000 also measures frequency.
• Be everywhere: With the widest open fork in the industry, the T6 testers measure up to 11.7mm dia. wires with current up to 200A.
At the heart of the T6 testers is the new Fluke FieldSense Technology that enables the testers to give simultaneous, reliable voltage and current readings, not just simple go/no-go voltage detection.
The rugged testers are 1000V CAT III, 600V CAT IV safety rated (600V CAT III for the T6-600 model) and feature an easy to read display with a backlight.