BS ISO/IEC 30182 Smart City Concept Model Released
- Published: Monday, 26 June 2017 08:40
BS ISO/IEC 30182:2017
Smart city concept model. Guidance for establishing a model for data interoperability
Publication Date: 19 June 2017
What is this standard about?
It provides a framework within which data that is created, used and maintained by a city across all sectors can be used in interoperable ways to provide community services.
Who is this standard for?
- Organizations that provide services to communities in cities
- Organizations that manage the resulting data
- City policy developers
- Elected leaders and senior executives within local authorities
- Others who are interested in leading and shaping the city environment, including:
- Senior executives in the private sector
- Leaders from the voluntary and higher and further education sectors
- Community innovators and representatives
Why should you use this standard?
Because when cities exploit the potential of interoperable data it leads to many benefits, including:
- Reduced cost as the need to re-collect and verify data is removed
- Integrated city systems and services driven by data
- A common understanding of the needs of communities
- Shared objectives, collaboratively developed and evidenced using data
- Engaged and enabled citizens and communities
- Transparency in decision-making
- Development of partnership models
- Businesses and communities co-creating innovation
- Improved quality of life for citizens