e-lec.org Sponsors Latest News
ABB Easy Rail Designer-3D Terminal Block Design Software Now Extended To All Sectors
- Published: Wednesday, 23 May 2018 11:12
This software is used to build rail assemblies using Entrelec® junction blocks, for all industrial and service applications. The program now includes products from the railway, HVAC, solar power and other sectors in its database.
The software allows users to create a bill of materials listing the parts needed to produce terminal blocks, and thus to generate a file to be included in a sales proposal. By working independently with ERD-3D, projects can be expedited by simplifying the design process.
User-friendly and extendable configurator
ERD-3D has a user-friendly Windows® interface, an auto-correction system, and a powerful search engine which filters parts by market sector, range, function, standard and technical properties. Users can incorporate technical data about their own products and thus insert these products in diagrams.
Customised project management
The software can manage multiple projects, incorporating supplier, integrator and user data, as well as an update history, in a PDF report.
High-performance 3D drawing and data export
ERD-3D has a built-in 3D viewer and can export drawings for use in leading CAD/CAM software, including detailed diagrams of the rail, terminal block and markings. It is compatible with ABB printers.
Enhancements in the new version
• Integration of the railway product range.
• Customised project management enabling suppliers, integrators and users to see their logos and part numbers on drawings.
• Automatic Internet-based updates to the database of junction blocks and accessories.
• Export to leading CAD/CAM software.
• Compatible with ABB printers (MG3 and AMS).
• A forthcoming version will add 3D design, in addition to 2D configuration, enabling terminal blocks to be designed, viewed and exported in 3D.