e-lec.org Sponsors Latest News
Fluke Provides Vital Safety Information For All Test And Measurement Practitioners
- Published: Wednesday, 20 April 2016 08:20
Working safely while taking measurements is not rocket science. It is a simple combination of careful planning, carrying out safe practices according to local regulations, and using the right tools in the right way.
Fluke offers the solutions needed to work safely. More information and resources can be found at http://www.fluke.com/fluke/uken/solutions/safety/default
The Safety Solution Centre web page provides access to detailed safe practice involving test and measurement tools in a wide range of applications.
The resources include:
• an application note explaining how Fluke Connect® wireless tools proved invaluable in high-voltage upgrades at an industrial plant, removing technicians from dangerous energised areas while still obtaining real-time data
• a downloadable quick list of 10 things NOT to do when taking electrical measurements
• an explanation of the latest safety regulations and safety categories
• an application note explaining the application of IR windows to prevent the dangers to maintenance engineers from arc blasts
• how to measure from a safe distance using the Fluke Connect app
• how to improve safe working conditions around moving machinery
• an application note about safe electrical grounding
• the importance of good quality test leads and probes, and
• the value of training seminars.
Interested parties requiring further information are encouraged to fill in a simple request form for a Fluke specialist to contact them.