New BS 7430:2011 Code of practice for protective earthing of electrical installations
Thursday, 01 March 2012 15:47
BS 7430 is a British Standard which provides recommendations and guidance on meeting the requirements for the earthing of electrical installations.
BS 7430: 2011 replaces BS 7430: 1998 which has beeen withdrawn
- Protective earthing of low voltage (LV) installations to BS 7671:2008+A1
- The interface between LV and HV substations of 11 000/400 V to BS EN IEC 61936-1:2011 within buildings
- Protective earthing and changeover switch arrangements for generators supplying low voltage installations.
BS 7430 applies only to land-based installations in and around buildings.
It does not apply to:
1) Ships, aircraft or offshore installations;
2) Earthing of medical equipment [see BS EN 60601 (all parts)];
3) Special problems encountered with solid state electronic components;
4) Equipment sensitive to static electricity;
5) Requirements for functional earthing;
6) Earthing of overhead lines between electrical installations; or
7) The internal earthing of equipment
bs7430,protective earthing.british standard,electrical industry,www.e-lec.org
Have you any news that would be of interest to others in the industry! or other information that you would like to publicise?
if so why not send us the link and have it added to the site.
For more information Call: 07530 871 673 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
electrical industry manufacturer news,furse, ge power protection, emergi-fire, emegi-lite, termate, collabor8online, alchemy marketing, electrical digest